Self-Assessments and Conversation Supports
It can be helpful to have tools that help us understand where we are in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion as individuals and as organizations.
The following resources can also be used to support conversation, to provide a frame for dialogue that invites us to be clear and aligned in what progress has looked like on our journeys, and what outcomes we hope to achieve. As with any of the resources on this site, we strongly encourage users to review them in the context that the creator/designer has identified.
Institutional and Individual Self-Assessments
Institute Self-Assessment on Advancing Racial Equity, Race Matters Institute
Intercultural Competence, Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI)
Philanthropy Self-Assessment for Working with Tribal Communities, Native Americans in Philanthropy
Power Moves: Philanthropy Assessment Guide for Equity and Justice, National Center for Responsive Philanthropy
Transforming Organizational Culture Assessment Tool, MP Associates, Inc.
- A Change Management & Deep Equity Primer: The What, Why, How & Nuance, Movement Tapestries in Partnership with Grantmakers for Effective Organizations
- Book Club Discussion Guide, Freedom Lifted
- Book Store Listing (Local, Michigan-Based), CMF
- Racial Justice Impact Assessment, Race Forward
- Race Equity Impact Assessment, Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Taking Action on Board Diversity: Five Questions to Get Your Started
- Touchstones - Group Agreements Example, TRHT Kalamazoo
A Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Bay County
The Soul of Philanthropy
Celebrating Black History Month
Five Years of Truth, Racial Healing & Justice: Lifting Community Stories
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
Midwest Foundations Webinar Series: 45 Tips for Better Teams through Equitable Employee Handbooks
Learning & Evaluation Staff Roundtable
Advancing Your Equity Journey
Connect with the latest equity-centered learning opportunities.