Connect with best practices, guidance and insights on the latest in impact investing in Michigan and beyond.
CMF serves as a national leader in the impact investing space, supporting and strengthening the practice throughout Michigan and working in collaboration with partners across the country.
Impact investments are investments made with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return.
(Source: Global Impact Investing Network).
Our community of philanthropy and CMF Impact Investing Expert in Residence Jennifer Oertel have developed best practices, policy, sample tools and materials, case studies and convenings on the role that impact investing can play in helping to build thriving, equitable communities. Our team also leads the Michigan Impact Investing Hub, a resource for all those engaged in impact investing in our state to connect and collaborate.
Impact Investing Commitee
Essential to the growth of this practice across the state is the board-led Impact Investing Committee. The committee is comprised of experienced CMF leaders who guide the design and implementation of CMF’s services and supports around impact investing education, resource development, convenings, partnerships and collaboration.
- Reneé Johnston, chair, Saginaw Community Foundation
- Melanie Audette, Mission Investors Exchange
- Carolyn Cassin, Michigan Women Forward
- Robin Ferriby, Clark Hill PLC
- Amanda Fisher, Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Phillip Fisher, Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Laura Grannemann, Quicken Loans Community Fund
- Brenda Hunt, Battle Creek Community Foundation
- Bridget McGuiggan, Council of Michigan Foundations
- Joel Moore, The Iles Schropp Group-Merrill Lynch
- Jennifer Oertel, Bodman PLC
- John Rogers, Graystone Consulting, a business of Morgan Stanley - Jbara and Rogers
- Randy Van Antwerp, Council of Michigan Foundations
Impact Investing Expert in Residence
Understanding that members need both general and customized support, CMF also has an Impact Investing Expert in Residence (EIR) – the first such role in the country.
Working closely with the Impact Investing Committee, Jennifer Oertel provides impact investing assistance and resources to members, as well as anyone located in Michigan and those seeking to make impact investments in our state.