The Council of Michigan Foundations (CMF) is a membership association of over 330 grantmaking organizations working together to strengthen, promote and increase philanthropy in Michigan. CMF does not make grants. To research funding opportunities and obtain fundraising or organizational assistance for your nonprofit, use the materials or follow the links below.
Michigan Foundation Directory
The Council of Michigan Foundations, in partnership with the Foundation Center, is pleased to offer the 18th edition of the Michigan Foundation Directory, published December 2013. This invaluable resource for grantseekers provides:
- Updated and streamlined information in the 1,500+ Michigan foundations accepting grant applications
- Key facts on Michigan grantmakers
- Tips on researching funders
- A sample grant application form
Purchase the Michigan Foundation Directory in our store.
- Information for Seeking Foundation & Corporate Grants
- Information and data on Michigan foundations and corporate giving programs along with helpful tips on researching, applying and getting grants. Includes the Common Grant Application Form & Common Report Form.
- Common Grant Application Form
Common grant application form developed to facilitate the application process for grantmakers and grantseekers. Includes sample cover sheet, suggested application and grant budget formats.
- Common Report Form
Common grant report form developed to facilitate the reporting process for grantmakers and grantseekers.
Around the Web
The Foundation Center
The Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers and their grants and operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance philanthropy at every level - for both individual grantseekers and tax-exempt nonprofit organizations.
Grants.gov is the source to FIND and APPLY for federal government grants, with over 1,000 grant programs offered by all federal grant making agencies.
GuideStar's mission is to improve philanthropy and nonprofit practice with information. GuideStar's database includes information on all tax-exempt nonprofits registered with the IRS.
Michigan Nonprofit Association
A membership association working to enhance the effectiveness of the Michigan nonprofit sector in serving society.
Network for Good
Network for Good brings together donors, volunteers and charities online to accomplish good.