The CMF Government Relations Public Policy Committee (GRPPC) serves as a conduit between CMF members and the efforts of government to address public issues of importance to philanthropy and the Michigan communities they serve.
The primary purpose of the GRPCC is to advance philanthropy’s collective voice in public policy. The GRPPC supports policy engagement consistent with CMF’s mission, vision, and values that:
- Maintain a healthy philanthropic sector.
- Promote and advance equity.
- Address the needs of Michigan residents, especially in marginalized communities.
- Engage philanthropy as meaningful partners in the development, implementation and oversight of public policies that support, rather than supplant, government services.
While CMF represents the collective interests of philanthropy in Michigan, it is important to note that membership dues do not go towards advocacy work.
Government Relations Public Policy Committee Members
- Neel Hajra, Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (co-chair)
- Paul Hillegonds, Michigan Health Endowment Fund (co-chair)
- Carolyn Bloodworth, Consumers Energy Foundation
- Carolyn Cassin, Michigan Women Forward
- Carrie Pickett-Erway, Kalamazoo Community Foundation
- Dave Mengebier, Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation
- Emily Aleman-McAlpine, Wege Foundation
- Jenee Velasquez, The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation
- Jennifer Poteat, Harry A. and Margaret D. Towsley Foundation
- Karima Amlani, Community Foundation of Greater Flint
- Kathleen Owsley, Bosch Community Fund
- Kururama Masomere, Kalamazoo Community Foundation
- Maria Woodruff-Wright, The Skillman Foundation
- Mike Goorhouse, Community Foundation of Holand/Zeeland Area
- Myra Tetteh, Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI Foundation
- Nancy Davies, Community Foundation for Southeast MI
- Nathan Grant, Reid Family Foundation
- Neal Hegarty, C.S. Mott Foundation
- Paul Hillegonds, Michigan Health Endowment Fund
- Paula Gruszynski, M&M Area Community Foundation
- Phyllis Meadows, The Kresge Foundation
- Punita Thurman, The Skillman Foundation
- Randy Maiers, Community Foundation of St. Clair County
- Robin Ferriby, Clark Hill PLC
- Sharon Mortensen, Midland Area Community Foundation
- Vincent Tilford, Luella Hannan Memorial Foundation
- Wendy Jackson, The Kresge Foundation
- Kyle Caldwell, Council of Michigan Foundations
Please contact Regina Bell, director, government relations and public policy.