CMF’s event calendar includes standalone learning opportunities as well as regularly scheduled monthly events through several learning series.
CMF-JCP Grantmaking Series
The the CMF-JCP Grantmaking Series is a practitioner-led learning series that teaches the techniques of effective grantmaking to both new and seasoned foundation professionals. The sessions are highly practical, academically rigorous, and designed to be as accessible and affordable as possible. Participants who complete the series will receive a Certificate of Completion.
This year, we will offer two live webinars (1.5 hours each) and two workshops (3 hours each). To qualify for the Certificate of Completion, participants of the 2017 Grantmaking Series must complete 12 hours of training; the hours completed can be taken live from the current series offerings and through purchasing on-demand recorded webinars. **Participants with contact hours from 2016, not amounting to the 12 hours required for training, may carry these into 2017 to successfully complete the series.
Participants in this series must complete all training by December 31, 2017 to qualify for a 2017 Certificate of Completion.
Click the links below to purchase the on demand webinars or for more information. Questions about the CMF-JCP Certificate program? Contact Andrea Judd, program coordinator, Learning Services via email or 313.960.4192.
2017 Series - Live Program Offerings
- - Grant Applications Workshop, May 16, 2017
- - Evaluation on a Shoestring Workshop, May 16, 2017
- - Building an Organizational Culture that Withstands Change, September 19, 2017
- - Successful Structures: Aligning Operations with Program in Service of Strategy, originally held: February 28, 2017
- - Sharing Learning: Scaling up Replicability, originally held: October 18, 2016
- - Analyzing Financials: Critical Aspects of Grant Applications and Form 990’s, originally held: September 27, 2016
- - Communicating Progress on Strategy: Dashboards and Metrics, originally held: July 19,/2016
- - Prudent Investments & Big Bets: Managing and Taking Risks with your Grantmaking, originally held April 26, 2016
- - Grant Applications: A Powerful Tool for Learning, originally held: February 2, 2016
- - Accelerating Learning and Results in Complex Work: Four Mistakes Foundations Make, originally held: December 8. 2015
- - Strengthening the Grant Review Process, originally held: September 21, 2015
- - Funding General Operating Support, originally held: July 14, 2015
- - Judging the Soundness of Proposals, originally held: March 3, 2015
- - Linking Strategy, Evaluation and Grants Management, originally held: January 20, 2015
- - Communicating with Grantees, originally held: September 23, 2014
- - Grant Due Diligence, originally held: June 24, 2014
- - Problem Grants and Exit Strategies, originally held: May 27, 2014
- - An Introduction to Financial Tools and Tips When Analyzing Grants, originally held: March 26, 2014
- - Strategic Planning: Managing the People and the Process, originally held: January 21, 2014
Tri-State Learning Series
The Tri-State Community Foundation Webinar Series is a program offering made possible through a partnership between the Council of Michigan Foundations, Philanthropy Ohio and Indiana Philanthropy Alliance. These webinars are designed for, but not exclusive to, community foundations.
The National Center for Family Philanthropy (NCFP) Series is a monthly webinar with rotating topics focusing on family philanthropy. Complimentary webinar registrations are available as a benefit to Council of Michigan Foundations members.
InFocus Southeast Michigan Series
InFocus (formerly Detroit Area Grantmakers) brings CMF members together to network and learn about key issues and policies affecting metropolitan Detroit, the Southeast Michigan region, and beyond.