A vast majority of Americans care about kids eating healthy meals at school to support their health and learning, and want to keep the school nutrition standards. As a follow up to W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s 2010 School Food Poll, we wanted to understand how attitudes have changed since the implementation of the new school food nutrition standards. Five years later, people are more committed than ever to improving healthy food in our schools, on behalf of children.
- 9 out of 10 people in the U.S. support the national school nutrition standards.
- 86% say the school nutrition standards should stay the same or be strengthened.
- 91% say kids need access to safe drinking water in schools.
- 88% support increased government funding to expand farm to school programs.
- 84% believe sustainable agriculture should be part of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.