On April 29, 2012, the Council on Foundations released a seminal report for the corporate philanthropy field, Increasing Impact, Enhancing Value: A Practitioner’s Guide to Leading Corporate Philanthropy. The guide offers original field research and a new platform for corporate philanthropy and provides clear and practical paths forward for the future of the field and the role of corporate foundations. That work is guided by a five-point framework:
- Create a new narrative for corporate philanthropy as an investment in society.
- Develop an inclusive “operating system” for philanthropic investment.
- Professionalize the field.
- Improve collaboration, communication, and knowledge sharing.
- Mobilize “field level” leadership behind this agenda.