We invite you to explore a collection of inspiring stories featuring your Michigan philanthropy peers who are leading transformative efforts to advance equity, new regional and statewide leadership initiatives and leveraging key data insights to enhance their policies and practices in CMF’s 2021 Annual Report: Together on the Journey.
This new publication illustrates the innovative leadership of our members in the areas of Equity, People, Practice and Policy and how CMF is championing the work of Michigan philanthropy as we continue to live into our Equity at the Center strategic framework.
As you will see in this edition, 2021 was a year of reimagination and deepened commitment for CMF and our community of philanthropy. Together, we:
- Created spaces to advance personal and organizational equity journeys.
- Supported the next generation of philanthropy leaders and emerging leaders through youth philanthropy programming and resources, a revamped mentoring program and member-sponsored fellowships.
- Convened ad hoc working groups, bringing together deep expertise, research and new partners to address our most pressing issues.
- Piloted new efforts to inform long-term strategies to move the needle on systemic change.
- Deepened connections with local and state policymakers to partner in navigating incoming federal COVID relief dollars to shape equitable investments.
- Commissioned research to provide data to the field to inform data-driven conversations.
We are deeply grateful for all in our community of philanthropy who engage and support these efforts, in service to the communities we serve, our state and our field.