Vera and Joseph Dresner Foundation
West Bloomfield, MI
About the Organization
Vera and Joseph Dresner Foundation http://www.dresnerfoundation.org
Supports all aspects of the grants management processes and procedures of the Vera and Joseph Dresner Foundation as guided by the Chief Executive Officer. The Grants Manager works closely and proactively with colleagues across the foundation to manage grant workflows and ensure efficient, equitable, and effective practices. This position will produce and maintain grant information and documentation and may also participate in strategic discussions with program staff around the Foundation’s grantmaking.
- Manage the Foundation’s grantmaking software (Blackbaud Grantmaking) and the intake of applications and reports, and maintain accurate database records of grant schedules, amounts, payments, site visits, reporting, and closeout information
- Respond to e-mails and telephone calls requesting information about the foundation’s grantmaking and/or the status of a proposal’s review
- Contact applicants to request missing documents or information from grant applications or reports and provide technical assistance with application and report submissions
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the foundation’s grants management system, and proactively identify areas to increase efficiency and improve processes
- Manage grant review and program team meeting notetaking
- Responsible for the preparation of award letters, declination letters, and grant agreements
- Oversee the grant requirement reminder, submission, and review processes
- Collaborate with the program team on topical research, data collection, and reporting related to grantmaking
- Prepare grant-related materials for the board of directors and the Foundation’s website
- Participate in team discussions regarding grantmaking strategies and evaluation
- Keep current on related and relevant topics and issues and grants management best practices
- Establish and maintain ongoing interaction with professional networks and participate in relevant conferences
- Complete special projects and assignments as needed and provide support when requested for Foundation activities.
- Must have valid Michigan driver’s license and reliable transportation. Some travel may be required including periodic overnight travel to attend conferences, events related to foundations, and other events related to the position.
- 5-7 years of relevant and applicable experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover level, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com by no later than April 14, 2023. Indicate Grants Manager in the subject line. No telephone calls please.