The Director is the leader of SpringGR and is responsible for the overall strategy and direction of the organization in addition to oversight of staff, programs, and finances. The Director must have a demonstrated passion and drive to guide, challenge, support, and celebrate SpringGR teams and participants toward personal and business growth. In addition, the Director will work externally to increase community awareness, help entrepreneurs and graduates connect with resources to grow their businesses, connect with other Entrepreneur Support Organizations (ESOs), and serve as an ambassador for the organization.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You'll Do
- Lead the development and implementation of the strategic direction for the organization.
- Oversee the staff, both employed and contracted, nurturing a culture of service, transparent communication, collaboration, continued learning, and striving for excellence.
- Ensure effective development, coordination, supervision, and implementation of all programs.
- Understand the value proposition and niche SpringGR plays in the market. Develop recommendations to help fill gaps that would benefit the potential business owners who SpringGR serves.
- Publicly represent SpringGR by maintaining positive public relations and communication with current participants, alumni, entrepreneur support organizations, financial institutions, media, and local government entities.
- Ensure the development of alumni programs and connect participants as needed with social, intellectual, and financial capital resources.
- Cultivate and maintain excellent working relationships with community partners while identifying opportunities for new partnerships. As appropriate, seek corporate sponsors for awards and other support as needed.
- Oversee the continuing development of a metric system that will track outcomes across SpringGR programs and use results to inform learning and continuous improvement.
- Develop and oversee the annual operating plan, including staffing needs, budget, program offerings, and strategic direction. Oversee the annual assessment process to ensure ongoing effectiveness and track key benchmarks and outcomes.
- Serve on the RDV Philanthropy leadership team. Attend monthly meetings focused on collaboration, communication, and developing synergies across multiple teams and programs, while providing input and counsel to the VP of Philanthropy.
- Oversee performance development and management for direct reports, including the Director of Operations and Programming, Entrepreneur Support Specialist, and Marketing and Communications Specialist.
- Perform other duties as requested.
What You'll Bring
- Proven team leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience in culturally diverse settings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, entrepreneurship, or relevant field required.
- Entrepreneur with experience starting and running own business.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience working with small business owners and identifying and solving issues they face.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence and passion in both internal and external audiences through outstanding communication and people skills.
- Advanced strategy and planning skills, including an ability to think strategically on both organizational and system levels.
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally diverse constituencies; experience demonstrating tact and discretion when receiving and relaying information.
- Results-driven with demonstrated strong business acumen, strategic planning, and leadership skills.
- Experience with complex project and stakeholder management.
- Ownership of an extensive personal network – or the ability to build relationships with a cross-sector and cross-cultural range of stakeholders in the local area.
- An analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving ability; ability to effectively use data and reporting to drive organization decisions and evaluate results.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and extend beyond the formal requirements of the job. Must be able to travel by automobile or aircraft.
- Must be able to operate an automobile and be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Personal Qualities Desired
- Service oriented
- Servant leader and team builder
- Curious and creative
- Organized and excellent time management skills