William Davidson Foundation
The William Davidson Foundation is a private family foundation that honors its founder and continues his lifelong commitment to philanthropy, advancing for future generations the economic, cultural and civic vitality of Southeast Michigan, the State of Israel, and the Jewish community. The Foundation is helping to secure a bright future for the communities that have inspired our founder’s family for generations. We imbue our work with a sense of possibility and believe deeply in the importance of building meaningful relationships across difference. Together with community leaders who share our sense of optimism and obligation related to Detroit, Israel, and the Jewish people, we make transformative investments and support catalytic initiatives that will deliver lasting value for future generations. The Foundation has assets of approximately $1.5 billion and grants approximately $60 million annually.
As the William Davidson Foundation continues to grow and evolve, communications and other “beyond the check” activities are playing an increasing role in the advancement of the Foundation’s mission and goals. The Foundation is seeking a Communications Associate, a new position for the organization, to join our team. Reporting to the Communications & Special Projects Officer, the Communications Associate will be responsible for supporting the Foundation’s organizational communications efforts, managing distinct Foundation channels, and supporting programmatic and event communications as needed. The Communications Associate will assist the Communications & Special Projects Officer in the management and support of communications activities and events to ensure they achieve clearly articulated goals, have a standard “look and feel” consistent with the Foundation’s brand, get promoted appropriately across social and digital channels, and effectively involve the Foundation’s Board members and President & CEO when appropriate.
This is a full-time position located in Troy, Michigan, with the expectation that the incumbent will reside in Southeast Michigan.
- Assists with developing and editing content such as newsletters, emails, social posts, and other updates.
- Updates the Foundation’s website as needed utilizing WordPress and Elementor, ensuring content remains current and accurate.
- Develops and manages a communications and events calendar.
- Responds to grantee, partner, and other requests related to the Foundation’s digital assets (e.g., logos, photos, videos) and organizes, tags, and generally manages photos and videos using Adobe Lightroom.
- Monitors media coverage, creates press clippings, and develops media reports of Foundation, grantee, and partner events and announcements.
- Develops and manages a database of archived news stories, announcements, publications, etc.
- Coordinates, as necessary, with external vendors on communication-related projects.
- Manages, organizes, and ensures the regular review, update, and enrichment of all key organization and contact lists in Salesforce so that the platform’s underlying data is sufficiently clean, accurate, complete, and accessible for supporting communications activities and events.
- Assists with planning and on-site assistance related to special Foundation events.
- Provides administrative support, as needed and assigned, including for special leadership travel and board briefings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; with a minimum of three years of related work experience, preferably in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Familiarity with the communities we serve, support, and engage – including Southeast Michigan, Israel, and the landscape of Jewish organizations and Jewish life in North America, preferred.
- Understanding of family philanthropy and the ability to bring the best mix of expertise, deference, and passion that we find makes for a successful family foundation professional, preferred.
- Strong interest and passion for the Foundation’s mission and honoring Mr. Davidson’s memory.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing skills and the ability to efficiently develop compelling content that meets project and deadline requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the use of email marketing, websites, and social media platforms (especially LinkedIn) to advance communications efforts.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM platform or other CRM platforms, and best practices regarding contact list management, preferred.
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence with exceptional interpersonal skills requiring diplomacy, tact, and a clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Customer service orientation with ability to respond with sensitivity, patience, and timeliness.
- Strong work ethic and integrity and must possess a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- High energy, forward-thinking individual who has the ability to remain calm under pressure and flexible in the face of changing priorities.
- Ability to own and manage projects from ideation to execution.
- Excellent multitasking, organizational, and time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
- Thrives in a team environment, effective at building and maintaining collaborative relationships, acting in alignment with organizational values, and positively contributes to the organizational culture.
- This role is in a professional office environment requiring regular sedentary project work, coupled with occasional travel to external events and offsite meetings.
The William Davidson Foundation provides a competitive benefits package to our team which includes medical, dental, and vision benefits for full-time employees, paying 90% of the cost for the employee. We also offer flexible spending accounts, life insurance at no cost to the employee, medical/family leave, bereavement leave, a retirement savings program, and a matching gifts program. Every calendar year, the Foundation offers a schedule of paid holidays in which the office is closed and there is no expectation that staff are working along with a PTO (paid time off) package which can be used for vacation, personal business, or sick days.
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
More information about the William Davidson Foundation can be found at: https://williamdavidson.org.
The William Davidson Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.