Chief Financial and Operations Officer
The Frey Foundation was established in 1974 out of a deep love of community and a commitment to philanthropy. Since then, the foundation has continued its legacy, working to enhance the lives of children and families, protect natural resources, promote the arts, and build community. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cohesive team environment where all team members honor each other by actively listening and by being accountable, transparent, trustworthy, and direct. This has enabled us to operate as a trusted, nimble, and flexible philanthropic partner in tackling the community’s greatest challenges and opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of the Foundation’s financial assets and investment administration
- Develop and manage operating budget and annual grant expenditures ensuring compliance with the spending policy
- Manage the annual audit process and oversee the preparation of annual Audited Financial Statements
- Liaise and provide staff support to the Board and Investment Committee to carry out investment decisions, build out Mission Related Investment portfolio, and maintain accurate records
- Ensure regulatory compliance by maintaining current knowledge regarding regulations and best practices relevant to private foundations and nonprofit entities
- Assume full operational responsibility of the human resources, information technology, and administrative functions for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Financial Executive
- In-depth knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other practices and standards relevant to non-profit entities
- Demonstrated experience administering an investment portfolio and engaging with private investments
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector and foundations
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal leadership skills, along with the ability to translate and communicate financial terms for non-financial audiences
- A high degree of integrity and honesty, along with a demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality at all times and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- A servant leadership approach and a team player mentality, along with a genuine commitment to making an impactful difference in the community
- Advanced technical skills involving spreadsheets, word processing, database, and reporting applications. Experience with Dynamics and/or SmartSimple desired.
- You will join a highly respected organization that impacts the community
- You will be part of a team that cares for its stakeholders, both external and internal
- You will be exposed to multiple roles
- You will work with amazing people who are always willing to pitch in
Frey Foundation offers a salary range of $130,000 - $155,000 for this opportunity.
If this sounds like you and you think we are a good match, please apply now! Learn more about our foundation and team at: https://freyfdn.org/