The Great Lakes Funder Collaboration is comprised of more than 50 funders that annually grant more than $50 million to advance work on Great Lakes issues in the United States and Canada.
Member funders work to improve their individual effectiveness and to identify ways they can work together to protect and improve the quality of the Great Lakes and its communities.
The purpose of the Great Lakes Funder Collaboration is bring together funders across the United States and Canada interested in protecting and restoring the Great Lakes. These funders are faced with many challenges and opportunities both in understanding and addressing this critical and complex system and the role they play, individually and collectively, in protecting and restoring it.
The Great Lakes Funder Collaboration meets annually. The 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting will take place on the afternoons of October 28 and 29, 2020.
The Collaboration periodically holds webinars and conference calls on topics of interest for funders. There are quarterly work group calls on water infrastructure, nutrient pollution and legacy pollutants/emerging contaminants.
Please reach out to Diane Schrauth, Coordinator, for more details: dia[email protected].
The Great Lakes Funder Collaboration steering committee is comprised of funders from the United States and Canada. The 2020 steering committee includes:
- Jon Beard, Great Lakes Fishery Trust
- Elizabeth Cisar, Joyce Foundation (co-chair)
- Steve Cole, Great Lakes Protection Fund
- Melissa Damaschke, Erb Family Foundation
- Tim Eder, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- Vicki Elkin, Fund for Lake Michigan
- Tim Ervin, Manistee County Community Foundation
- Becky Ewing, Rotary Charities of Traverse City
- Katie Levin, Crown Family Philanthropies
- Stephen Love, Cleveland Foundation
- Thea Silver, Environment Funders Canada
- Allie Urbanski, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo (co-chair)
Click below to view our full list of the Great Lakes Funder Collaboration members
Funders interested in joining are enthusiastically encouraged to complete this membership application. If you have questions about the Collaboration, please contact Diane Schrauth, Coordinator, [email protected].