Get to Know Mark:
Mark A. Lelle is an independent consultant with thirty years of experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs for foundations, nonprofits, and educational institutions. Mark has an extensive foundation client portfolio.
Other clients have included the Michigan Nonprofit Association, Council of Michigan Foundations, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, Michigan State University, and Goodwill Industries of Central Michigan's Heartland.
Prior to consulting, Mark served as evaluation manager with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation where he participated in the design and management of many program initiatives. Mark also co-authored the W.K. Kellogg Foundation Evaluation Handbook and has conducted workshops for the Environmental Grantmakers Association, Grantmakers Evaluation Network, and Grantmakers for Effective Organizations. Mark has also served as a journal reviewer for The Foundation Review and the American Journal of Evaluation. Mark holds a Ph.D. in community development from Michigan State University.
Areas of Expertise:
- Program evaluation
- Strategic planning
- Program development
- Organizational assessments
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Skillman Foundation
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- Battle Creek Community Foundation
- Community Foundation for Muskegon County
- Albion Community Foundation
- Guido A. and Elizabeth H. Binda Foundation
- Lumina Foundation (Indiana)
- Northwest Area Foundation (Minnesota)
- James Irvine Foundation (California)