Get to Know Gary:
Gary Dembs has been working with nonprofit organizations for over 30 years. He founded the Non-Profit Personnel Network (NPPN) in 1994 after a highly successful 21-year career in public relations and broadcasting. He has been a pioneer in combining effective organizational development, marketing, human resources and fund development strategies for organizations and institutions nationwide. Gary is mission-driven, a community activist and works to empower organizations to take an integrated approach, on the staff and board levels to further the missions of the nonprofits he consults.
Gary received his Bachelor of Science degree from Western Michigan University. In 2008, he was inducted into the WMU School of Communication Outstanding Alumni Academy in recognition of excellence in professional accomplishments and civic service. He was a former radio news and sports reporter in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Areas of Expertise:
- Executive search
- Succession planning
- Organizational development
- Fund development
- Dearborn Community Foundation
- Fred A. and Barbara M. Erb Family Foundation
- Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Michigan Colleges Foundation
- Michigan Masonic Foundation
- Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Presbyterian Villages of Michigan Foundation