Michigan Community Foundations Youth Project (MCFYP)
Launches 2020 COVID-19 Grant Program
In response to the crisis, Michigan Community Foundations Youth Project (MCFYP) Committee has launched the COVID-19 Grant Program. With the cancellation of the 2020 Youth Grantmakers Summer Leadership Conference, the MCFYP Committee wanted to redirect the funding that was earmarked for the conference to youth in need during this critical time. There is $30,000 available in grant funding through the MCFYP Endowment. Grants will be awarded to YACs that need additional funding to support youth in their communities who have been affected by the pandemic.
- YACs with assets of $2 million or more are eligible to receive a grant up to $1,000.
- YACs with assets of $1-2 million are eligible to receive a grant up to $2,000.
- YACs with assets of less than $1 million are eligible to receive a grant up to $2,500.
Each YAC may apply once for a grant. To diversify funding among the regions CMF will be evaluating the proposals. As a part of the grant program, a brief narrative and financial grant report will be required within 6 months.
Timeline & Process
- Applications open: June 8, 2020
- Applications close: July 1, 2020
Applications are no longer being accepted, we will be notifying applicants early July.