The Hudson-Webber Foundation is a private, independent grantmaking organization created to support organizations and institutions that move the city of Detroit forward. The Hudson-Webber Foundation invests in the success of community initiatives across our four mission areas (Arts & Culture, Built Environment, Community & Economic Development, and Safe & Just Communities) and has contributed more than $200 million in grants to Detroit nonprofit organizations.
The VP of Finance & Administration is responsible for all the Foundation's financial operations, including financial analysis, Foundation's tax return, and audited financial statements. Responsible for the administration of the Foundation's pension plan, oversight of investment management, and administration of the Foundation's information technology, human resources, and insurance coverage. The VP of Finance & Administration supervises a Finance Associate, I.T. consultant and is the lead contact with investment consultants and investment managers.
- Provide daily financial management, monthly reconciliation, and reporting for the Foundation.
- Oversight of investment management. Monitor investment management and cash flow need of the Foundation; work with the Foundation's investment counsel and asset managers.
- Prepare all legal and tax documents concerning the Foundation's finances and investments and prepare the annual budget.
- Serve as the Foundation's lead staff resource on financial, legal, and administration matters.
- Serve as the Foundation's Human Resource and Office Administrator.
- Serve as the Foundation's Information Technology Administrator.
- Work with the President on the Matching Gift and Meeting Reserve programs.
- Be a hands-on leader.
- Operate at the tactical and strategic levels.
- Be analytical and able to work frequently with data and information.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be self-reliant, a good problem solver, and results-oriented.
- Be collaborative and seek input from others to produce the best outcome.
- Be able to work in a small work environment and perform many roles.
- Be agile and able to switch gears effectively.
- Be proactive.
- Possess 8+ years in managing finance, accounting, H.R., and I.T. functions.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting.
- Have experience in accounting with a private foundation or nonprofit (preferred).
- Possess a Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or similar work experiences (preferred).
- Possess a CPA (preferred).
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000
The Hudson-Webber Foundation is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from women and racially underrepresented candidates. It is the policy of the Hudson-Webber Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Persons who do not meet all of the listed job criteria but who feel that their knowledge, skills, and experience make them well-qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.