The Rocket Community Fund drives the Rock Family of Companies “For-More-Than-Profit” mission by strategically investing in our home cities of Detroit, Cleveland, Charlotte and Phoenix. The Community Sponsorship team creates and supports catalytic events in Detroit to build community, promote local culture and contribute to Detroit's economic growth.
The Volunteer Engagement & Giving team aims to leverage the power of 30,000 team member volunteers to invest in the growth and resiliency of our home communities: Detroit, Cleveland, Phoenix and Charlotte. The Volunteer Engagement & Giving team is often the first line of communication between community partners, Rocket Mortgage, and the Rock Family of Companies. Therefore, it's critical that Volunteer Engagement & Giving team members act as professional, conscientious and attentive ambassadors.
The Program Manager aids the implementation of the Volunteer Engagement & Giving team's strategy by taking on projects with a "we'll figure it out" creative mindset , supporting team leaders and other team members through effective communication and a continued commitment to the Rocket Community Fund's overall mission.
The Program Manager is responsible for the execution of high-level, impactful volunteer programming that includes, but is not limited to, on-site events, long-term and skills-based programming, team member training and evaluation, and large-scale off-site opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of Rocket Community Fund's internal education programs
- Coordinate all aspects of programming, including partner communication, teacher communication, volunteer communication, etc.
- Recruit diverse, engaging, high-quality team members to become program mentors
- Coordinate with Education & Employment Strategy to measure the success of programming
- Manage volunteer engagement and grants in home cities (Detroit, Phoenix, Charlotte and Cleveland) by supporting the team leader in identifying new opportunities, meeting with business area leadership quarterly to ensure consistent messaging around Rocket Community Fund philanthropic strategy and focus areas, coordinating large-scale volunteer engagement opportunities, working with teams to manage and reach team participation percentage and volunteer goals, communicating expectations and ensuring full coverage at every volunteer event
- Maintain and support the portfolio of nonprofit organization partners by identifying volunteer needs and recurring opportunities with partners; coordinating with internal and external partners to coordinate 30 – 40+ events per week, as needed; managing all events in the internal volunteer platform, including providing updates from partners and sharing data with both internal and external clients; communicating with partners to update or enhance the volunteer experience for team members; and working with the Associate Program Manager to coordinate transportation, catering, security, facilities, etc., as needed for events and programming
- Support the portfolio of Rock Family of Companies business area partners by developing and grow relationships with business area partners to facilitate team member engagement needs and requests, collaborating with teams to manage and reach team participation percentage and volunteer goals, setting expectations and anticipating needs for internal clients, and executing high-level events and programming for internal teams and leaders
- Provide volunteer engagement support for other Rocket Community Fund teams by working with the teams to ensure any volunteer engagement support is met on time, discussing upcoming projects to identify and execute on volunteer needs, and coordinating volunteer requests that align with Rocket Community Fund philanthropic strategy and focus areas
- Maintain a strong commitment to the Rocket Community Fund's mission and values and demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions
- 3 years of volunteer engagement or relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in YourCause, Salesforce, Fluxx and Workday or the ability to learn them on the job
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.