This position is for a Senior Health Analyst in the Social Mission department. This position is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing new and existing initiatives related to health care innovation and transformation that support the objectives of the Social Mission department. This position requires grant-making experience as well as strong program evaluation skills and a strong network of health and public health partners, including local and state officials. Looking for candidates with demonstrated success in applying principles of health equity to local community and statewide health education and health care programs.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments.
- Position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget.
- Research, compile and analyze appropriate and relevant data and make recommendations for operational improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties maybe
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to
- evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possess and maintain extensive comprehensive knowledge of BCBSM business, products,
- programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including
- functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives
- to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Develop lines of communication to discuss/review results of the analysis to management via
- reports/presentations and assist management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Investigate, review, recommend, communicate and implement solutions that identify
- problems/root cause of issues.
- Identify and resolve challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and respond to the
- the demand of change management and initiate actions needed to plan, organize and control team
- Independently develop and plan, reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise
- Provide expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Acts as liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics or other related field is required. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Six (6) or more years experience in related experience, typically in two (2) subject areas (e.g. financial analysis, planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of data languages such as SAS or SQL.
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.