SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With more than 85 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through an education foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advanced manufacturing. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
The Sr. Development Office will plan, lead and implement strategies to develop donors and secure major contributions to support the Foundation. They will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors capable of gifts of at least $25K.
- Identify, cold call, cultivate and secure donors for gifts of $25,000 or more from corporate, foundation and individual prospects for unrestricted and program support.
- Track daily fundraising activities, conversations, account status, and results via Salesforce.
- Identify and build relationships with internal and external partners to generate potential donor prospects, including but not limited to SME departments, SME and SME Foundation Board members, Chambers of Commerce, Industry Trade Associations, etc.
- Develop and coordinate cultivation strategies for prospects utilizing SME staff and Foundation Board members.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s own fund development and philanthropic principles, policies and procedures.
- Assure proper planning and evaluation to meet quarterly and annual fundraising goals.
- Engage potential donors via face-to-face appointments, phone conversations, and/or social media communicaiton
- Attend SME and/or third-party conferences and trade shows to promote the Foundation, its programs, and prospect for donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing,or business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising or business-to-business sales.
- Membership in CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Professional) preferred.
- Comprehensive management skills and experience including but not limited to short and long-term planning, evaluation, oral and written communication skills; marketing and financial management skills also preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program and producing charitable contributions.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas: ethics, motivations for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices, standard fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, telephone solicitation, and direct mail, and, development office functions including gift processing, prospect and donor histories, and fundraising reporting.
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Ability to handle high volume of fund raising activities simultaneously
- Willingness to travel and occasionally participate in weekend SME and Foundation board meetings and/or participate in evening networking events
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate strong ethical convictions and exhibit highly professional demeanor
- Comfortable and experienced speaking with c-suite level executives.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and or engineering industry preferred.
- Comfortable generating leads and managing a pipeline to meet quarterly and annual fundraising goals.
Standard office environment
Submit your resume, coverletter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com