Lake Michigan Credit Union is fundamentally different than a bank, both in our structure and mission. Our goal has always been to do what is best for our members. This approach guides every decision we make and every service we offer. As a credit union, our goal isn’t to generate profits for shareholders, it’s to improve the lives of our members. LMCU is consistently rated in the top ten in the nation for Return of the Member by Callahan & Associates, meaning we give back more to our members in the form of higher rates when they save and lower rates when they borrow. At LMCU, the emphasis on delivering real value to our members has been job one, since day one.
As one of the largest credit unions in the nation for several years running, LMCU has earned many awards and accolades such as inclusion as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For Nationally and being recognized by Forbes as a Great Place to Work. LMCU is currently the 16th largest credit union in the nation and the largest in Michigan. LMCU is headquartered in Grand Rapids and currently has 59 branch locations spread throughout Michigan and Southwest Florida.
The Senior Community Relations Specialist is responsible for enhancing LMCU's image internally and externally through community engagement, volunteer program coordination, nonprofit partnerships, and campaign execution.
- Assist with community engagement efforts including sponsorships and philanthropic outreach.
- Leading education from strategy to delivery to improve financial wellness of employees, members, and community members. Assisting in the identification, evaluation and implementation of financial education and wellness activities and resources including LMCU’s Wallet Wisdom tools. Creating and compiling content and resources for webinars on credit union’s website.
- Support LMCU volunteer programs and events (pre and post communication). Organize volunteer opportunities with partner organizations. Manages and tracks community relations analytics including, but not limited to all volunteer and outreach activities.
- Maintain and develop existing partnerships in the business community, education, health and wellness, housing, and financial wellness fields as well as other sectors while representing LMCU in a professional manner at all times.
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of all volunteer activities involving LMCU staff members and volunteers. Assist with volunteer coordination and projects for various LMCU campaigns (emails and updates for Santa Squad, Band Together, Reading Month, Hutt Scholarship program, etc.).
- Ensure that the Credit Union is highly visible in the community through volunteer efforts as well as through organized special events that promote the credit union’s investments in community development projects.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with all LMCU staff, management, and community members including them in engagement opportunities and community events.
- Tracks, plans, collects, and maintains inventory of supplies, sponsorship deliverables, and donations as required.
- Oversee LMCU Community Crew website and vendor relationship.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Prior experience working with and managing volunteer teams.
- Strong community and volunteer experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver License with a flexible schedule and the ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.