The Ruth Mott Foundation is accepting applications for a part time Security Officer at Applewood Estate in Flint, Michigan. Once home to Charles Stewart Mott and his family, Applewood dates back to 1916. The estate is now owned and operated by the Ruth Mott Foundation and consists of award-winning gardens, historic buildings, and collections of art, artifacts, archives and photographs.
Job Purpose: To work in a team of security officers to provide protection of all property and a safe environment for staff and guests of Applewood.
- Performs periodic rounds of the property to assure that the grounds are safe and secure, including checking gates, equipment and vehicles stored outside, perimeter doors and windows of all structures.
- Performs periodic checks of fire and intrusion sensing devices to assure that they are in good working order.
- Provides information and general assistance to the public and staff while displaying a positive and professional attitude and culturally sensitive demeanor.
- Prepares written reports of injury, damage, or theft on/or involving foundation property as well as crime, incident or other emergency reports.
- Works with Mott Community College Public Safety to share and report upon public safety incidents and to identify and manage additional public safety support for special events.
- Practices good judgment when emergencies occur and takes appropriate action such as calling police, fire, utility providers, or other staff as warranted by the emergency.
- Completion of Police Academy training.
- Minimum of three years of certified/sworn police officer experience with public contact.
- Current concealed pistol license preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of security and life safety systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to add numbers and write narrative criminal, injury or other reports in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Current Red Cross Adult & Pediatric Basic 1st Aid/CPR/AED certification preferred.
$18.00 to $18.29 starting hourly rate
Email resume to Resumes@ruthmott.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Ruth Mott Foundation recruits team members that are as economically, culturally and ethnically diverse as the community we serve. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all its forms, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, protected genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.