At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
The Program Officer-Grants will review grant proposals, perform due diligence, manage current grants, evaluate grant results, and prepare proposals for presentation. Working with both generation two and generation three philanthropy, the Program Officer will partner with other RDV Philanthropy staff and external stakeholders to assist in developing and managing various special initiatives.
- Maintains a working knowledge of RDV Philanthropy’s funding priorities.
- Research and review grant proposals by gathering information, making site visits, analyzing data, and investigating leading practices.
- Manages grant-related activity within the grants management system.
- Provides technical assistance to grantees as appropriate.
- Completes due diligence and summary write-ups for specified grant requests. This may include ensuring completeness of the information submitted, contacting representatives of requesting organizations, reviewing financial documents, and exploring the appropriateness of funding.
- Follows up on past grants and evaluation reports when appropriate.
- Works with other RDV Philanthropy team members to ensure grant letters, agreements, and declination notices are completed quickly and accurately.
- Works with the Senior Program Officer and other RDV Philanthropy team members to continuously refine internal systems and processes.
- Generates reports and data analysis for staff and foundation trustees.
- Stays abreast of current developments in the philanthropic and other related fields.
- Nurtures a network of thought partners and practice leaders.
- Shares information in a way that contributes to the learning, cross-functioning, and improvement of the RDV Philanthropy team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Initiatives & Projects
- Research subjects of interest to RDV Philanthropy or individual Foundations.
- Provides project management and staff support to special projects and initiatives.
- Synthesizes information by drafting reports, executive summaries, engagement frameworks, and other deliverables for presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum 7 years of extensive related experience and proven leadership.
- Strong written communication skills along with highly effective oral communications and engaging presentation skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with a wide range of audiences; makes others feel comfortable and inspired.
- A self-starter who can work independently on multiple projects and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated project management experience. Deep curiosity to learn about a wide variety of non-profit organizations and the philanthropic interests of the families.
- Flexibility to work with multiple teams; ability to clarify deadlines and manage shifting priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with technology.
- Shares commitment to and is comfortable representing the Christian beliefs and principles of the various families and their philanthropic interests.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management in a highly professional and confidential corporate environment.
- Flexibility to occasionally attend evening events and travel out of town.
- Must be able to operate an automobile, have a valid driver’s license, and travel by plane when necessary.
Visit our job board at: https://jobs.rdvcorp.com