The Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan is a full-service philanthropic organization leading the way to positive change in our region. As a permanent community endowment built by gifts from thousands of individuals and organizations, the Foundation supports a wide variety of activities benefiting education, arts and culture, health, human services, community development and civic affairs. Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed over $1 billion through more than 65,000 grants to nonprofit organizations throughout Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Washtenaw, St. Clair and Livingston counties. For more information, please visit www.cfsem.org
The Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan is seeking a Philanthropic Services Officer who will be responsible for a wide range of asset development and donor program activities with the primary goal of developing and securing major financial support for the Community Foundation. This individual also interacts directly with existing major donors to ensure a high level of satisfaction with their relationships with the Community Foundation.
- Identify, research, cultivate and secure gifts to meet established annual new gift goals ($10M+). Track progress in Raiser’s Edge and provide biweekly reports on activities completed and ongoing.
- Develop, implement and manage asset development plans in targeted areas of growth for the Community Foundation with emphasis working with targeted groups such as the CFSEM Board of Trustees.
- Exercise sound judgment in securing gifts and managing existing relationships to meet the objectives of the donor while supporting the mission and operations of the Community Foundation.
- Manage process for securing annual recurring gifts to the Foundation.
- Market a full range of gift vehicles and programs for major gift acquisition, including planned gifts.
- Support online giving programs, including short-term and/or issue-specific programs.
- Contact and meet with assigned donors to ensure satisfaction on services provided by the Community Foundation and secure additional gifts.
- Continue and expand relationships and secure new gifts with affinity groups in the region
- Manage assigned events and engagement opportunities that expand the public’s awareness of the Community Foundation to attract new donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a graduate degree desirable.
- Experience in development with non-profit organizations or senior marketing experience.
- Proven experience to secure gifts of 6-figures or higher.
- Experience with portfolio management and prospect development.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong project management skills, research and analytical skills.
- Database proficiency; knowledge of fundraising/donor management software a plus.
- Proven success working in a multifaceted development environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for collaboration.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Community Foundation provides health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurances, paid parking, tuition reimbursement, long term savings with a 403(b) and foundation funded pension plan, paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick days. Our office is located in downtown Detroit, close to Campus Martius, the Riverfront, parks and restaurants.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Davies, human resources officer at: email@example.com
In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Foundation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, political or union affiliation, disability or any factor prohibited by law.