Founded in 1961, the Community Foundation for Muskegon County has been a community convener, a bold leader, and a catalyst for change for 58 years. The Community Foundation holds over 1,200 funds with assets topping $203 million and, combined with its affiliate Community Foundations in Mason and Oceana counties, awarded over $12.6 million in grants and scholarships in 2018.
The Community Foundation for Muskegon County is accredited by the Community Foundations National Standards Board. To learn more about the Community Foundation, visit www.muskegonfoundation.org.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for championing and guiding the Community Foundation’s brand management and constituent relations. Formulates and oversees the Community Foundation’s communications plan for all internal and external communications and perceptions, including print, digital and social media and knowledge management. Formulates and oversees the Community Foundation’s communications plan for all internal and external communications and perceptions, including print, digital and social media and knowledge management. Oversees all aspects of communications, special event and experience management, audience development, media relations, and crisis management. Promotes continuous improvement on best practices in internal and external communications and marketing. Leads activities that create an environment in which internal and external audiences will experience philanthropy.
The Marketing and Communications Manager also works closely with and guides the Frauenthal Center’s Executive in developing and executing its communication plan. Contributes to decisions that impact the ongoing reputation of the entire organization and strategic planning and implementation.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important values of the Community Foundation. We are striving for a diverse workforce, made up of staff that represents the communities we serve.
See detailed job description.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in marketing or visual communications, public relations, graphic design or a related field, or 10 years of progressive experience in these field(s)..
- Able to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, communicate effectively in person and in writing, and interpret, explain, and promote creative ideas and concepts to completion.
- At least 5 years of related work experience resulting in knowledge of the organization and operation of design and development of print, digital, web, and social media communications materials. Ability to work with vendors to complete projects and meet deadlines and budgets.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing, with a variety of individuals and organizations; promote community relations and support; conduct formal presentations to Trustees and community organizations.
- High-level analytical abilities necessary to evaluate and plan short and long term brand and identity strategies and programs; develop and administer policies and procedures; monitor activities and results; and identify emerging trends in design, technology, and communication and proactively keep the Community Foundation as a leader in the community.
- Knowledge and skill in utilizing Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Knowledge and skill in executing website management on a WordPress platform.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and portfolio documents including:
- 2-3 representative examples of writing
- Up to 2 examples of marketing campaigns developed/implemented
- 1 example of social media management
- 1 example of website administration
to Rick Cornell, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27, 2019.