The Michigan State University Foundation (MSU Foundation) is a private, non-profit research foundation associated with Michigan State University (MSU), the premier land grant university in the nation. The MSU Foundation was formed in 1973 is focused on helping MSU achieve its objectives around economic development through the commercialization of intellectual property created by its faculty, staff, and students. MSU is among the top 100 research institutes in the world with expenditures exceeding $700M annually.
The Investment Analyst will be responsible for collecting and managing performance and market data used for reporting on portfolio performance.
In this role, the Investment Analyst is expected to:
- Work collaboratively with the MSU Foundation Board of Directors, the MSU Foundation Investment Committee, the MSU Foundation Executive Director and Director of Finance.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of the Chief Investment Officer of Michigan State University, investment managers, service providers and custodial banks
- Compile investment materials for quarterly board meetings with investment committee
- Manage programs based on scope of work for new initiatives
- Gather and analyze data, facilitate meetings, and produce reports as required
- Conduct quantitative analysis to support efforts
- Manage Key Performance Indicators by capturing data and reporting on a timely basis
- Identify opportunities to improve quality of reporting and metrics
The candidate will have served as an investment or finance analyst with experience in assisting in managing investment portfolios, evaluating strategies, assessing portfolio performance, coordinating resources, and reporting. The candidate should be very familiar with investment concepts, asset allocations, and have experience using a variety of tools and data sources and experience in a foundation, pension, or endowment.
Critical competencies and experiences:
- A College or University degree is required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deal with large amounts of data with attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills with expertise in financial modeling and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of investments and completion or pursuit of CFA certification
- 3+ years of experience in finance
- Team player; collaborative and flexible
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft Office and expert with Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience in computational modeling, programming, statistics, and state of the art reporting tools is a big plus.
- Ability to learn new systems and databases
See attachment below for full details
To be discussed if interview is granted.
To apply, please construct a single PDF document that includes a cover letter and resume. Please send the document to [email protected] no later than October 9, 2020.
The MSU Foundation and subsidiaries are affirmative action, equal-opportunity employers.