About our Organzation
The Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation ("the Foundation") for EHM Senior Solutions ("EHM") was established in 2016, and like EHM, is a 501(c)(3) charitable care organization. The Foundation supports EHM and their mission solely. EHM was established in 1879 and is over 100 hundred years old. EHM Solutions is a multi-faceted not-for-profit organization that provides heath care and home-based services, as well as housing to older adults and their families, throughout southeast Michigan. EHM is one of the largest nonprofits of its kind and one of the oldest in the state, serving more than 5,500 adults annually. EHM has been consistently recognized for its leadership and innovation over the years. The Foundation is based in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
The primary purpose of this job is to oversee all aspects of the Foundation, including implementation of strategic initiatives to support the mission of EHM Senior Solutions. You will oversee major and planned giving, annual giving, donor stewardship and recognition programs, gift processing and effective use of volunteers in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our communities to assure that the highest degree of safety and quality training can always be provided to our residents.
As Executive Director (“ED”) of Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation, we are eager to welcome an experienced executive whose ultimate responsibility will be making sure the Foundation accomplishes its goals and objectives. As ED, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The ED will report directly to the Chair of the Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation Board of Directors, as well as the President and CEO of EHM Senior Solutions.
- Responsible for hiring staff as needed, making sure the staff collectively has the skills needed to perform the various jobs required, and providing ongoing staff development to enhance their performances.
- Assure staff and the Board of Directors have the tools to do their jobs efficiently.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Foundation and set the example that motivates the staff and Board of Directors to accomplish the Foundation’s goals.
- Manage a portfolio of major and planned giving, prospective donors, establish individual strategic plans for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Lead a strong Foundation team throughout the organization (including the training of Program Directors and Executive Directors) to ensure that EHM Senior Solutions has the needed resources to meet its aspirations.
- Administer policies and procedures for all aspects of gift and donor administration to ensure efficient and effective operation; review and modify procedures from time to time as needed.
- Responsible for spearheading fundraising to support EHM’s programs, provide scholarships, and assure fundraising efforts stay on track.
- Attend fundraising events as the face of the Foundation, build and maintain long-term relationships with key donors and potential donors.
- Collaborate with others in the community to increase and maintain the Foundation’s visibility. Attend community events that may not be related to the Foundation directly to demonstrate the Foundation’s role in within the community and to help ensure that others will attend the Foundation’s events. Set a collaborative leadership example that will encourage cooperation and good working relationships with the staff, within the Board of Directors, and in the community.
- Approve all communications’ materials before their final printing to make sure they adhere to the Foundation’s desired message and image. This includes but is not limited to newsletters, fundraising letters, event flyers, press releases and other marketing and advertising collateral.
- Create an annual report of fund usage to all donors; special reports of fund usage to named gift fund and scholarship donors and families, as appropriate; development of individual reports and one-on-one meetings as needed.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer of EHM Senior Solutions in preparing an annual budget for the Foundation, which will ultimately be approved by the parent Board of Directors of EHM Senior Solutions. The ED will present the proposed budget to the Board, explain increases and new plans from one year to the next, and be prepared to answer questions about budget items.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in related field with experience in healthcare.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible development experience.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding and experience in all areas of fundraising, including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, capital campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great people skills; ability to adapt style to variety of situations.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in the management and leadership of a comprehensive development function.
- Experience working with boards of directors and volunteers.
- Experience with budget management.
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Knowledge of the southeast Michigan community.
- Experience in healthcare philanthropy highly desirable; experience with senior service provider organizations a plus.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge 7.96 and NXT donor database a plus.
Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation is excited to offer competitive wage and benefits packages.
Email resume/CV to [email protected] or mail to Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation, 34024 W 8 Mile Rd, Suite 101, Farmington Hills, MI 48335.
Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. Qualified applications must be presently eligible to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to undergo a criminal background check and pre-employment physical upon the acceptance of a verbal offer.