The Executive Assistant will provide confidential and high-level administrative support to the President, Executive Chairman and the Board of Directors, and Executive Vice President, Programs. This role serves as an effective gatekeeper and project manager, while handling the daily office tasks necessary for the President to effectively and efficiently lead staff while emphasizing a commitment to the mission of the Foundation. The Executive Assistant actively builds relationships crucial to the success of the Foundation and is a valuable contributor to the Foundation’s overall mission and daily functioning of the staff. The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing building related processes with the President, and also is the backup to the Operations Director and Grants Manager on routine financial, HR, and grants related tasks.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Executive Support
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: screening and returning phone calls and/or messages to constituents on the behalf of the President, Executive Chairman, and Executive Vice President, photocopying, mailing, sorting incoming mail correspondence, maintaining correspondence filing, and preparing draft correspondence, as needed (i.e., business replies, memos, thank you letters, etc.).
- Manages an active calendar of appointments, plans and schedules internal/external meetings and teleconferences, prioritizes meeting requests, and protects President, Executive Chairman, and Executive VP work time and downtime.
- Coordinates all business travel arrangements, creates itineraries, and agendas; and compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Coordinates meetings, including attendee management, meeting materials preparation, and any potential issue resolution.
- Prepares, completes, and submits expense reports, including maintenance of purchase receipts and cash expenses, along with mileage reimbursement.
- Ensures timely and effective communication directly, and on behalf of the President and Executive Chairman to Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to Foundation’s programmatic and organizational initiatives.
- Provides organizational logistic support for all Board/staff retreats and meetings.
- Manages all building related matters for Foundation operations.
- Assists President in managing Foundation communications with staff and communications contractors.
- Provides backup support to the Operations Director and Grants Manager on routine matters related to financial processes, HR processes, and grants program.
- Serves as the Foundation’s administrative liaison to the EFF’s Board of Directors.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Directors, and their personal staff.
- Assists Directors with coordinating all business travel arrangements, creates itineraries, and agendas; expense reports; and compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provides scheduling, trip, and other forms of administrative and logistical support to the board in their responsibilities and activities related to the foundation.
- Assists Foundation staff in effective scheduling and planning of Foundation meetings.
- Actively participates in Operations Team and Program Staff Meetings to review the Foundation’s event calendar, internal meeting schedule, and identify where additional administrative support coverage is needed.
- Coordinates food service ordering, meeting set-up, and clean-up for President, Executive Chairman, and Executive VP internal/external meetings, or as assigned by the President.
- Provides administrative support whenever and wherever needed.
- As Office Manager, provide an efficient and uniformly excellent office experience for colleagues and guests across the Foundation.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission to honor Fred and Barbara Erb’s memory and to continue their philosophy of giving by: supporting projects that will have a significant, long-term impact on the lives of the participants; collaborating with organizations and individuals that are creative, visionary and transformational; leveraging its resources to work with other organizations and grantors; and encouraging a spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Ability to learn quickly; demonstrate integrity/ethics beyond reproach; ability to work well with others; willingness to “pitch in” and assist on any project – big or small; capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial environment; be well organized and detailed-oriented; willingness to grow.
- Reports to and is accountable to the President.
- Additional direct support to the Executive Chairman and Executive Vice President.
- Routine interaction with Board members.
- Daily collaboration with the Operations Director/Grants Manager and program staff.
- Works collaboratively with grantees, applicants, and other partners and advisors.
- Interacts with constituents closely involved in the Foundation's core mission and work.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but not required with five to ten years of experience of supporting C-Level executives, preferably in a non-profit organization but will consider private sector experienced candidates.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- High levels of proficiency on all Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Experience with BlackBaud Gifts a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize conflicting demands, be adaptable, and handle matters expeditiously and proactively.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Ability to execute on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
To Be Determined
NPPN is an executive recruitment organization seeking to fill this position.
Go to our website and upload your resume. https://nppn.zohorecruit.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?iframe=true&digest=lwsSqUh4rYrdxnav9W.3o3GAUnkE7bVo.a85bxdBEmQ-&jobid=357383000002353010&widgetid=357383000000072311&embedsource=CareerSite