Established in 1986 as a community based, non-profit organization, the mission of the Forest Hills Public Schools Foundation is to provide funding for all areas of academic excellence in Forest Hills Public Schools.
Learn more at: http://fhpsf.org
The successful full-time candidate will lead, plan and direct a comprehensive fundraising and development program. Specifically, the Director will develop programs, organize events and seek collaborative partnerships designed to nurture educational excellence and assist the District in fulfilling its mission and realizing its vision.
Reports to: Forest Hills Public Schools Foundation Board of Trustees
● Plan, organize and provide strategies for all forms of planned giving and oversee scholarships and fund distribution.
● Build and sustain strong relationships with the Forest Hills Public Schools leadership, educators and staff.
● Manage and provide structure and accountability for all strategies and activities relating to donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
● Positively represent Forest Hills Public Schools and the Foundation with all stakeholders.
● Participate in strategic business and budget planning sessions and operate within the approved budget.
● Oversee production of Foundation communications.
● Develop marketing plans that promote resource development and coordinate them with campaigns and messaging.
● Ensure effective utilization of the donor database, including the creation of reports to be used to support and analyze resource development efforts.
● Implement resource development training and tools for individuals who would like to support the Foundation’s development efforts.
● Maintain and expand contacts with corporations, individuals and directors of foundations and granting organizations that have the potential to support the foundation..
● Oversee all aspects of the foundation’s special events from organizing to forming collaborative partnerships within the scope of the foundation’s goals..
● Attend committee meetings and seek community volunteers for service on committees and planned events.
● Recruit, engage, and collaborate with the Board of Trustees and direct monthly board meetings.
● Oversee day-to-day operations of the office and development of the foundation coordinator.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, Public or Non-Profit Administration, Education, and/or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
● Significant knowledge and experience with non-profit fundraising in major gifts, annual giving, planned gifts, grants and capital campaign disciplines.
● Extensive expertise in donor stewardship and confidentiality.
● A strong commitment to the Forest Hills Public Schools community.
● Strong self-accountability standards and communication skills, including the ability to write and speak persuasively and enthusiastically about the Foundation and its mission.
● Ability to maintain positive and motivational relationships with foundation staff, board members, donors, volunteers, vendors, and district and community stakeholders.
● Ability to lead, plan and implement major projects and events. Ideal candidate will possess knowledge of identifying and seeking potential grants.
● Ability to identify and solicit prospective donors.
● Ability to effectively delegate to Committee Chairs.
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with committees and the board.
● Demonstrated ability to bring new fundraising ideas to life to meet the changing dynamics of donors.
● Strong organizational, managerial and financial skills.
● Strong analytical skills and understanding of computer applications with an emphasis on word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and presentation software.
● Knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to charitable gifts and valuation standards.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and current market.
Interested applicants may mail their information to:
Attn: Director Search Committee
600 Forest Hills Avenue
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
OR email “[email protected]”