The Hospital Hospitality House of Southwest Michigan is an independent non-profit organization that makes it easier for families supporting their loved one receiving medical care in Kalamazoo by providing a homelike, comforting place to stay. The House meets this need by providing accommodations to caregivers, and to patients receiving extended outpatient care, at no charge. With a lesser financial burden, families can focus on the patient’s care.
The Development Director will manage all aspects of fundraising for the Hospital Hospitality House. This position will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Fund Development and Communications Committee to accomplish all fundraising tasks, goals and donor relationships.
- Manage annual appeal campaign.
- Research, write and report on grants.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals, corporations and local foundations.
- Cultivate and leverage board relationships in the community that will result in financial support.
- Manage fundraising event duties and work in collaboration with FDCC to accomplish event goals.
- Contribute donor related articles to HHH newsletter.
- Contribute donor related content to social media platforms.
- Update (or contribute to) fundraising efforts on website.
- Assist ED in major donor solicitations.
- Cultivate and foster relationships with hospital partners.
- Create an annual fundraising plan.
- Oversee and develop database of donor records.
- Other development efforts as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (public administration, business, communication, or marketing) with at least 2 years nonprofit experience in fund development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stay organized.
- Holds donor information to the highest confidentiality.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Must be comfortable presenting organization mission to groups.
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and search functions. Database experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain positive and professional work relationships with staff, volunteers and guests of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Judy Markusse Paget, Executive Director of the HHH, at her email here.
The HHH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political ideology, or status as a special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.