Detroit Children’s Fund (DCF) believes that all children, no matter their circumstances, have the innate talent to learn, grow, and succeed in life. Detroit is undergoing an exciting renaissance, but our city’s turnaround will not be fully realized until all its children have access to an excellent school. For more information, visit www.detroitchildrensfund.org.
The DCF is seeking a Development and Marketing Coordinator to assist with all functions of DCF’s fundraising and marketing efforts. As a member of the Development team, the Development and Marketing Coordinator is supervised by the Senior Major Gifts Officer and works closely with the Chief Advancement Officer to implement the day-to-day operations of DCF’s marketing efforts and to assist with a variety of tasks related to the development office and fundraising events.
- Manage donor-tracking databases and create new processes to ensure efficiency
- Work with DCF’s accounting team to process donation payments
- Write acknowledgements for all donations, including tax receipts, thank you letters, and invoices
- Create and update meeting materials for donor meetings
- Maintain donor contact and mailing lists
- Work closely with the Senior Major Gifts Officer to create high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents for major gifts
- Assist with special projects related to development
- Work with DCF’s accounting team to process donations related to DCF events
- Work with DCF’s accounting team to process payment for all DCF event expenses
- Manage internal budget for DCF events
- Manage internal donation-tracking document for all DCF events
- Pull event-specific insurance and licenses for all DCF-hosted events
- Work closely with DCF’s event consultant to manage volunteer needs and recruitment
- Coordinate the process of creating the print collateral related to DCF events
- Manage event-related websites, updating with content/sponsorship recognition as plans progress
- Facilitate the process of creating program scripts for DCF-hosted events
- Manage all marketing aspects of DCF events including social media, press releases, radio, ads, etc.
- Oversee management, planning and tracking of “third-party” events including providing educational materials, volunteer support, etc.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Manage DCF’s marketing calendar
- Work with DCF team and stakeholders to implement strategic marketing plan
- Manage the day-to-day operations of DCF’s social media platforms
- Work with DCF team to produce press releases and stories related to DCF’s programs and progress
- Manage website updates
- Create systems to track ROI on marketing efforts
- Work with graphic designer to produce necessary print materials
- Manage special projects related to marketing and communications
- Applicants must be proficient in all Microsoft software applications and have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Applicants must be knowledgeable in all major social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Applicants must also be able to multitask, think outside the box, take initiative and troubleshoot problems.
- Additionally, applicants are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- The candidate should have the ability to work independently and collaboratively, a willingness to learn, and have a very strong attention to detail.
This role is a full-time salaried position and reports to Senior Major Gifts Officer. The Detroit Children’s Fund offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k (with a match), life insurance, and disability coverage.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than Friday, February 28, 2020. No phone calls please.