There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The candidate will support departmental corporate giving processes and programs and play an integral part in the expansion of the Company’s Corporate Giving strategy. The candidate will work in a very fast-paced environment and deal extensively with various contacts within the Company as well as external partners and various community organizations.
Under limited supervision, this position provides diverse coordination support to the Corporate Grantmaking team by performing a variety of routine and non-routine tasks. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the identification, solicitation and management of nonprofit partnerships, grants and strategy, including budget, communications plan and teamGM Cares employee engagement activities
- Assist with grants management activities including proposal development, execution, grant compliance, impact reporting and delivery on social outcomes
- Support the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Develop presentations, remarks, speeches, leadership updates, quarterly/monthly reports
- Support execution of Corporate Giving strategy and connecting grantmaking to other GM business units
- Lead sponsorship relationships and activation
- Support event production support (ex. ad creation, video needs, set-up)
- Provide presentations on behalf of the Corporate Giving team
- Collaborate with program officers to streamline efficiencies across the Corporate Giving portfolio
- Collaborate with grants manager to gather and analyze corporate giving data
- Collaborate with volunteer coordinator to develop and post employee engagement opportunities related to grant activations
- Strategically strengthen networks and build effective relationships with leaders in the field
- Build and maintain relationships with other local and national funders for the purpose of generating additional support for Corporate Giving strategies and investments
- Other responsibilities as needed and assigned
- Accredited certificate program in philanthropy/corporate citizenship encouraged
- Experience or knowledge within CSR, nonprofit organizations or corporate grantmaking
- Knowledge of the role of corporate responsibility in a corporate culture
- Strong interest in the field of corporate philanthropy
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, as well as experience with digital and social media
- Experience with web-based data management systems
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with various corporate, nonprofit and public audiences, and senior-level leaders
- Strong planning, project management, administrative, and organizational skills; attention to detail a must
- Experience with presenting, coordinating, and organizing meetings or workshops
- Proactive with ability to work independently and as part of a team -- making informed decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines, proven ability to multi-task
- Flexibility: ability to deal with changing priorities
- Tech Savvy - Comfortable with technology and technical content. Excited and eager for the future of transportation
- Creative - Can develop a compelling story
- Cool under pressure – OK with change and ambiguity. Thinks quickly and on-the-fly. Dusts off, gets back up and right back at it. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can be relied on in a crisis
- Analytical mindset – Ability to leverage data and research to drive decision and prioritization around story telling
- Collaborative – Works well with others across the enterprise and Takes diverse perspectives into consideration
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; related program experience a strong plus
- 3+ years of experience in the corporate giving/foundation and/or nonprofit sector
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.