The Council of Michigan Foundations is a community of members committed to growing the impact of Michigan philanthropy through investing in the state's charitable organizations, convening business, government and nonprofit leaders, collaborating on critical issues, seeking innovative solutions, sharing knowledge and advocating. Collectively, CMF members comprise nearly 85 percent of the state’s organized philanthropic assets.
Read more about us at: www.michiganfoundations.org
Follow us at: @michfoundations
The Skillman Foundation is a private philanthropic organization that champions Detroit children. It works to ensure that Detroit youth have access to high-quality educational and economic opportunities and a strong, broad network of champions that work on behalf of young people’s interests.
More information about The Skillman Foundation at: www.skillman.org
Provide support to The Skillman Foundation and Council of Michigan Foundations (CMF), in implementing communication strategies to help advance the work of the organizations through activities that include:
- Write and edit articles, blogs, web content, event summaries, and other materials as appropriate.
- Manage multiple social media accounts: create engaging text, image and video content; stay on top of current trends and changes; facilitate online conversations; track metrics and develop strategies accordingly; and support staff to bolster their presence as thought leaders.
- Update website copy.
- Support video projects, including production of videos for web.
- Support communications research projects for communications optimization and best practices.
- Produce e-newsletter, including managing and growing subscriber list.
- Design graphic ads using Adobe Photoshop for online and print, including social media ads and print ads for sponsored events.
- Support media relations, developing press releases and executing press follow up.
Successful candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in communications (master’s degree preferred); at least five-years professional experience in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising, or public relations; serious interest in the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors; and the following:
- Skills and experience: Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; social media strategy and execution; light graphic design and video production; public relations; project management
- Characteristics: Detail oriented; quick learner; self-starter; creative problem solver; flexible; well-organized; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects; committed to meeting deadlines and goals
- Abilities: Works well independently as well as within a team; works well with a variety of personality types
- Willingness to travel within the state and nationally to attend meetings and conferences
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Tammie TenBroeke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Items must be received no later than May 17, 2019.
The Council of Michigan Foundations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All correspondence will remain confidential.