From our headquarters in Spartan Stadium tower, to our fundraising offices across campus and in regions across the United States, we are working to build lasting relationships with alumni, friends and donors who care about MSU as much as we do.
Through the combined efforts of University Development and the MSU Alumni Office, we provide information systems, communications, marketing and event support for all college and university sanctioned advancement efforts.
University Development fosters connections with individuals and organizations whose financial support fuels the efforts of students, faculty and staff to make both MSU and the world a better place.
The Associate Director of Foundation Relations is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of private foundation donors and prospects for Michigan State University and for coordinating and directing activities that will ensure regular and increased support from these foundations to fulfill the University’s goals and priorities.
Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship
- Assist colleges and units in identifying potential private foundation funding sources for programs; cultivate and maintain relationships with assigned foundation donors and prospects; and develop strategies, systems and procedures for advancing MSU’s goals with these foundation donors and prospects.
- Act as liaison to an assigned set of foundation donors and prospects to develop and maintain their interest in MSU with the objective of increased funding.
- In pursuit of support, actively seek and develop new foundation relationships.
- Manage cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of assigned foundation donors and prospects.
- In conjunction with the college or unit directors of development and other staff, work with administrators, deans, department heads and faculty to develop and submit proposals consistent with funder programs and policies and ensure appropriate contacts between MSU and foundation representatives.
- Coordinate follow-up on successful proposals ensuring timely submission of narrative and financial reports.
- With appropriate colleges and units, develop cultivation and stewardship activities for assigned foundation donors and prospects on behalf of the University.
- Arrange strategic visits for MSU leadership and faculty members with assigned foundation prospects and donors.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Monitor assigned foundation donor/prospect strategies and funding interests with the objective of identifying potential alignment with MSU priorities and faculty research, education, and outreach activities.
- Become knowledgeable about and conversant with the University’s strengths and current relationships with assigned foundation donors and prospects.
- Gather and disseminate information on funding opportunities with assigned foundation donors and prospects to faculty and administrators.
- Collaborate and cooperate with members of the Foundation Relations and Corporate Relations Teams as well as with Advancement colleagues to advance fundraising priorities and achieve strategic goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must submit an application and resume through the Michigan State University Human Resources system, the URL for this website is www.careers.msu.edu. Please indicate the position number 564799 when submitting your application.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.