The Tuscola County Community Foundation’s (TCCF) mission is to make Tuscola County a better place to live by maintaining a permanent philanthropic endowment base which will assist and fund a variety of efforts, turning needs and dreams into realities. TCCF administers over 100 charitable funds, most of which are permanently endowed. To learn more, visit www.tuscolaccf.org.
The Assistant to the Executive Director is a part-time (18-20 hours a week) position with flexible hours. The position reports to Executive Director and operates under the policies and procedures established by the TCCF’s Bylaws, National Standards, TCCF Board Resolutions and Fund Agreements.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, board trustees, volunteers and community partners
- Take minutes of board and committee meetings as assigned
- Assist and support Executive Director in organization operations as assigned
- Assist with monitoring process for scholarship applications and awarded scholarships
- Assist with preparation of grant application process, prepare grant agreements and oversee grantee final reports.
- Provide support to Future Youth Involvement, the youth advisory council of the Foundation
- Manage filing/record keeping system
- Assist with social media and website updates
- Assist with various functions of the foundation, including communication (email, phone, face-to-face and written) with donors, fund founders, charitable agencies, grant and scholarship committees, applicants, grantees, and the public.
- Assist with the collection of data for various projects and publications
- Manages logistics for hosted meetings
- Monitors and maintains office supply inventories
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexible and adaptable style as organizational needs change
- Customer focus and ability to maintain strong relationships with a diverse group of donors
- Ability to work successfully in a self-directed environment and as part of a team on shared projects
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and social media
- Ability to prioritize work, balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
- Understand and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and data
- Professional demeanor and appearance, diplomacy, and strong judgment
- Able to give and receive positive feedback, affirmations and constructive criticism
Experience and Education
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in non-profit organizations a plus
- Database proficiency and Microsoft Office products/programs ( MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation commensurate with knowledge, skills, education and experience.
Send cover letter, resume and response to the three (3) questions listed below to: John Hunter, Executive Director, TCCF, P.O. Box 534, Caro, MI 48723 or email to: [email protected]
(1) What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position?
(2) Why TCCF?
(3) What Microsoft Office Suite programs do you know well? Describe how you’ve used them in your work.