The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation began operations in 2015 to continue Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.’s legacy — one of generosity and innovation, healthy risk-taking and collaboration, and an unshakable community focus. Today, his hand-picked Life Trustees have determined to focus the efforts of the foundation on Mr. Wilson’s home and adopted home regions of Southeast Michigan and Western New York. With a structure that dictates spend-down of our funds by 2035, we strive to match the urgency that people in need feel every day with community investments that consider both immediate and long-term benefit.
The Accountant will be responsible for general and investment accounting, and fiscal period closings. They will communicate regularly with staff and internal leadership, as well as work closely with the Accounting Specialist to support the day-to-day financial operations of the Foundation.
- Accounting Operations Support: Prepare routine accounting entries, review payment transactions, and assist with bank reconciliations, month-end close, journal entry, account reconciliations, and annual audit.
- Controller Support: Support the Controller with tax planning and return preparation, annual budgeting, and analyzing financial data.
- Endowment Investments Support: Reconcile monthly investment accounts, and track and report on contract and endowment fund activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or CPA candidate preferred; 5+ years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; experience in not-for-profit financial accounting and fund accounting preferred and; knowledge of investment accounting preferred.
- Skilled in organizing, summarizing and visualizing data; able to work in a fast-paced environment; strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy; self-starter with the ability to work independently, problem-solve, and prioritize multiple tasks; sound planning and organizational skills and; strong interpersonal skills.
In addition to competitive benefits and compensation package, the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation provides a collaborative and mentoring environment with a team that truly appreciates helping the community.
Qualified individuals who express an interest in applying for the Accountant position should submit an electronic version of their cover letter and resume to the Apparatus Solutions’ career site: https://apparatussolutions.applytojob.com/apply/mGquUDi2p9/Accountant
The Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.