Get to Know Joan:
Joan has over 30 years experience in management and human resources.
Her areas of special expertise are organization assessment/strategies, leadership/board development, governance and strategic planning. She believes that every leader can benefit from honest feedback and positive coaching.
After graduating from Cornell University, Joan began her career in human resources at AT&T and has subsequently managed the Michigan operations of two national consulting firms. She is now a partner in The Leadership Group LLC, a consulting firm dedicated to achieving organizational effectiveness through strong leaders.
In addition to her corporate and entrepreneurial experience Joan has an established record of community, faith-based and national non-profit board service.
Areas of Expertise:
- Executive assessment/coaching
- Strategic planning
- Board development/governance
- Team building
- Organizational assessment
- Organizational development
- Leadership strategies
- Change management
- C.S. Mott Foundation
- Mott Community College Foundation
- Presbyterian Villages of Michigan
- Grosse Pointe Foundation for Academic Achievement
- McFarlan Charitable Corporation
- Detroit Industrial Mission Foundation
- Community Foundation of Southeast Michigan
- Fremont Area Community Foundation