Every day your foundation is hard at work doing good in your community. We're here to back you up. With grants for technology and consulting services, CMF helps your good work go further.
CONSULTING SERVICES GRANTS
Supporting organizational capacity building through the CMF Consulting Services Network.
Grant guidelines include:
- - All consulting services provided through CMF Consulting Services are eligible except services that would be eligible for the Community Foundation Technology Endowment Grant program and legal services. Please contact Dave Lindberg for questions regarding legal services.
- - Community foundation must be a member of CMF and in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
- - Affiliates must have their lead community foundation submit on their behalf.
- - Current asset level of the foundation or affiliate applicant must be less than $50 milion.
- - Meetings generally will include presentations from one or more environmental experts and may also include discussions about lessons learned, policy implications, volunteer and grantmaking opportunities and personal reflections.
Providing financial support for community foundation's technology needs.
Technology Grants allow CMF community foundation members the opportunity to receive financial support with technology needs in the following ways:
- - Software Training ($750/foundation): Support for individual foundations to pay for software training of general ledger, donor or grants management systems. This option is limited to foundations with assets of less than $10 million, with a maximum of $750 available per foundation.
- - Team-up Grants ($5,000/three foundations): Support of up to $5,000 is available for a group technology/software project that benefits a minimum of three community foundations. This support could be used for group trainings or software development.
- - Transition Support ($2,500/foundation): for EITHER Key Staff Turnover (will provide up to $2,500 of support for foundations in need of software training in the event of key finance staff turnover) OR Transition to Third Party Accounting Support (will provide up to $2,500 for community foundations making a transition from in-house accounting to a third party provider, such as another community foundation, accounting firm or other appropriate provider.)
- - Cybersecurity Audit Subsidy: Support for community foundations with assets under $50 million is available to subsidize the foundation’scompletion of the OST Information Technology Security Assessment process. Foundations should first contactOST to receive an audit estimate and should include their estimate with this grant application. For more information about the assessment and how to contact OST, visit https://bit.ly/31aX2hb.
- Grant levels are as follows:
- -Assets of $1 - $10 million: $2,000
-Assets over $10 - $25 million: $1,500
-Assets over $25 - $50 million: $1,000
The support period for these grants is the CMF fiscal year, April 1 to March 31. When the funding for the year has been expended, the cycle will begin again the following April 1. To apply, complete our Technology Grant Request form. Grant requests will be considered bi-monthly. Task force recommendations will be approved by the Community Foundation Committee.