Every day your foundation is hard at work doing good in your community. We're here to back you up. With grants for technology and consulting services, CMF helps your good work go further.
COMMUNITY FOUNDATION ENDOWMENT FUND
The Community Foundation Endowment Fund is housed within and stewarded by CMF with the advice and support of CMF’s Community Foundation Committee. The fund provides support to CMF community foundation members in the areas of organizational capacity building, professional development, technical support and accreditations. CMF staff reviews requests and make decisions based on the funding available and the guidance of the Community Foundation Committee.
As community foundations leverage new and innovative partnerships and approaches to build more equitable communities for all, CMF’s Community Foundation Committee has revised the endowment funding model to ensure we are effectively supporting community foundations in growing their capacity and leadership. The Committee has reserved a pool of funding within the Community Foundation Endowment Fund to inspire and support new ideas and innovative practices in community philanthropy.
In addition to the existing support offered to CMF community foundation members, funding is now available on a first-come, first-serve basis for the following priority areas:
• Advancing Racial Equity: Community foundations may apply for funding to support their needs in addressing racial equity issues.
• Capacity Building: Community foundations may apply for funding for training or education to increase their capacity.
• Technical Assistance: Beyond the support already provided for software transitions, training and team-up grants, community foundations can apply for support or other assistance needed to work remotely and adapt amid COVID-19.
Only CMF member community foundations are eligible for this opportunity. The Committee will review the funding model and priority areas regularly.
CMF and the committee also encourage CMF member community foundations to continue to apply for the existing support opportunities we offer through the endowment fund which include:
CONSULTING SERVICES GRANTS
Supporting organizational capacity building through the CMF Consulting Services Network.
Grant guidelines include:
- - All consulting services provided through CMF Consulting Services are eligible except services that would be eligible for the Community Foundation Technology Endowment Grant program and legal services. Please use our ASK CMF service for questions regarding legal services.
- - Community foundation must be a member of CMF and in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
- - Affiliates must have their lead community foundation submit on their behalf.
- - Current asset level of the foundation or affiliate applicant must be less than $50 milion.
- - Meetings generally will include presentations from one or more environmental experts and may also include discussions about lessons learned, policy implications, volunteer and grantmaking opportunities and personal reflections.
Providing financial support for community foundation's technology needs.
Technology Grants allow CMF community foundation members the opportunity to receive financial support with technology needs in the following ways:
- - Software Training ($750/foundation): Support for individual foundations to pay for software training of general ledger, donor or grants management systems. This option is limited to foundations with assets of less than $10 million, with a maximum of $750 available per foundation.
- - Team-up Grants ($5,000/three foundations): Support of up to $5,000 is available for a group technology/software project that benefits a minimum of three community foundations. This support could be used for group trainings or software development.
- - Transition Support ($2,500/foundation): for EITHER Key Staff Turnover (will provide up to $2,500 of support for foundations in need of software training in the event of key finance staff turnover) OR Transition to Third Party Accounting Support (will provide up to $2,500 for community foundations making a transition from in-house accounting to a third-party provider, such as another community foundation, accounting firm or another appropriate provider.)
- - Cybersecurity Audit Subsidy: Support for community foundations with assets under $50 million is available to subsidize the foundation’s completion of the OST Information Technology Security Assessment process. Foundations should first contact OST to receive an audit estimate and should include their estimate with this grant application. Make sure you mention that you are a CMF member and would like to take advantage of the CMF Mmeber program. For more information about the assessment and how to contact OST, visit https://bit.ly/31aX2hb. If you have any questions about this program or need assistance getting in touch with OST, please contact Bill Corkill ([email protected]).
- Grant levels are as follows:
- -Assets of $1 - $10 million: $2,000
-Assets over $10 - $25 million: $1,500
-Assets over $25 - $50 million: $1,000
The support period for these grants is the CMF fiscal year, April 1 to March 31. When the funding for the year has been expended, the cycle will begin again the following April 1. To apply, complete our Technology Grant Request form. Grant requests will be considered bi-monthly. Task force recommendations will be approved by the Community Foundation Committee.