Areas of Expertise:
- Major gift due diligence
- Succession and transition planning
- Foundation start-up and board governance
- Mission and grantmaking strategy
- Grantmaking program design and management
- Foundation management procedures and systems
- Back office services
Mark E. Neithercut has 25 years of experience working with foundations and individual donors to increase the impact and effectiveness of their philanthropy. As president of Neithercut Philanthropy Advisors (NPA), Mr. Neithercut leads a team of professionals that handles the philanthropic affairs for a select group of families and advises foundations on how to engage in effective and rewarding philanthropy.
Recent projects include: managing the administrative operations for a large foundation, creating a mission statement for a new, small family foundation, designing the grantmaking strategy for a mid-size family foundation, managing the transition of a family foundation from the founders to the next generation, developing new internal operating procedures for a 30-year old family foundation, and working with a new private foundation to establish its initial business functions, governance, and operating procedures.
Before founding NPA, Mr. Neithercut served as vice president of the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan for 10 years, and worked as a program officer at The Kresge Foundation. Mr. Neithercut also serves as a trustee of the Anna Paulina Foundation, established by his grandparents in the 1950s.
- Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Frey Foundation
- Matilda Wilson Fund
- Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Michigan Health Endowment Fund
- Ruth Mott Foundation
- Saul and Jean Mintz Foundation
- William Davidson Foundation